Monday, October 23, 2017

Then and Now, Ballet Philippines' "Exemplars" in Photos


I've always had a fascination with coffee table books. Through the years I  amassed a small collection mostly featuring art.  Honestly, getting the chance to see some of the pieces I've seen immortalized in books gave me quite a rush. Getting to photograph them amplified the thrilling experience. After the show, I started to look through my books and just as I remembered, there they were. In my Tuklas Sining and Sayaw books were the historical pieces in the glossy pages. So I figured I would do a retrospective blogpost. So here is my then and now , a tribute to the past  and current employ of Ballet Philippines. 

Note to self: Check the history books before shooting :) 

Note : Photos sources: Victor Ursabia, Tuklas Sining, Sayaw, Ballet Philippines Photo bank in Facebook (Unfortunately there are no photo credits to name :( )

Ang Sultan 
Choreography by : Gener Caringal 
2017 Cast :
Eugene Obille as Sultan
Victor Maguad as Lover 
Jemima Reyes as Princess

                   





 Master  choreographer Gener Caringal as the Lover
         





Concertino 
Choreographed by  Pauline Koner
2017 Cast :
Denise Parungao 
Katrene San Miguel 
Gia Gequinto 
Jessa  Tangalin
Monica Gana 

Long limbed Ms. Edna Vida in Concertino 
      







Amada 
Choreographed by Alice Reyes 
2017 Cast:
Amada : Candice Adea
Tadtarin: Sarah Alejandro 
Don Rafael : Ronelson Yadao 

National Artist for Dance Alice Reyes as Amada 
               



       














Songs of A Wayfarer
Choreographed by Norman Walker 
2017 Cast :
Young Man : Ronelson Yadao
Groom :Lester Regundin
Bride:Candice Adea 


Richardson Yadao  as the Young Man 

Ronelson Yadao as Young Man 

Carissa Adea as the Bride ?
                           

 

                 







Valse Fantasy 
Restaged by Nonoy Froilan Inspired by George Balanchine 
2017 Cast :
Denise Parungao
Monica Gana
Sarah Alejandro
Jemima Reyes
Katrene San Miguel
Victor Maguad 






No comments:

Post a Comment