Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Starstruck and Stuck : Yuan Yuan Tan






Years of being a dancer has I guess softened my heart. I hesitate before I throw a criticism because I know how hard it it to rehearse for a piece. Corns, callouses, bruises and injuries have made me a more appreciative member of the audience. But as the years of experience  on stage have taught me a thing or two, so have the audience chairs.   I am a balletomane and a self-confessed theatre buff. I've scampered around for as much tickets I could get my hands on. Having seen so much, hardly do I go home with my mind  blown. Though I do admire many dancers out there, I hardly get starstruck to the point of speechlessness.   I don't really ask for autographs. The only cherished autographed item in my house is my artist pass signed by Ms. Maniya Barredo. But Yuan Yuan Tan's performance in Ballet Soiree was just so good, it turned both me and my husband into giddy children waiting for the star of the show to come out. Luckily she did!!!!!! Thank the stars for a beautiful momento. So here I am thoroughly star struck. I guess all those years of dancing never did train me to be the pefect FAN!











No comments:

Post a Comment